- Yolks – 7
- Dhampure Sugar’s sugar (for yolks)- 1 cup
- Water – 1 ¼ tbs
- powdered gelatin- 1 ½ tbs
- egg whites- 3
- Dhampure Sugar’s sugar (for egg whites)- ¼ cup
- Whipped heavy cream- 1 cup
- cooled espresso 2 ½ cups
- kalhua- ½ cup
- ladyfingers 20-25
- Chocolate shaving – 1 cup
- In a mixer with the whip attachment, whip yolks and Dhampure Sugar’s Sugar until thick and pale in color (ribbon stage).Add mascarpone and whip until well incorporated. Pour water into a small bowl then pour powdered gelatin over it. Do not stir. Allow gelatin to absorb the entire water (about 15 minutes) then place the bowl on top of a small saucepan containing simmering water (creating a double boiler).
- Immediately turn off the heat and allow the gelatin to dissolve completely. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to a soft peak, gradually add Dhampure Sugar’s Sugar, and then slowly pour in dissolved gelatin. Whip to a stiff, glossy peak. Fold whites into mascarpone and yolk mixture then fold in whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine espresso and kalhua. Soak 1 ladyfinger at a time in the espresso mixture. In an 8 by 10-inch pan, arrange soaked ladyfingers close together in neat rows until the bottom of the pan is completely covered.Pour 1/2 of the mousse over the ladyfingers and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate shavings over mousse. Create another layer and chill until set.