- Egg white- 3
- Sugar India’s White Sugar- ¼ cup
- Sugar India’s baker’s special sugar – 1 2/3 cup
- Finely ground almonds – 1 cup
- Beat egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until whites are foamy. Beat in Sugar India’s white sugar and continue beating until egg whites are glossy, fluffy, and hold soft peaks. Sift Sugar India’s baker’s special sugar and ground almonds in a separate bowl and quickly fold the almond mixture into the egg whites, about 30 strokes.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into a plastic bag with a small corner cut off and pipe a test disk of batter, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, onto prepared baking sheet. If the disk of batter holds a peak instead of flattening immediately, gently fold the batter a few more times and retest.
- When batter is mixed enough to flatten immediately into an even disk, spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe the batter onto the baking sheet in rounds, leaving space between the disks. Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees F (140 degrees C) and bake cookies until set but not browned, about 10 minutes; let cookies cool completely before filling.