BLUE BERRY MUFFIN
- unsalted butter, softened at room temperature- 8 tablespoons
- Dhampure Sugar’s sugar- 1 cup and 2 tbs
- Eggs – 2
- pure vanilla extract- 1 tea spoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – ¼ tbs
- fresh or thawed frozen blueberries- 2 ½ cups
- flour – 2 cups
- whole milk – ½ cup
- cinnamon- ¼ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin tin or line the cups with paper liners. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the Dhampure Sugar’s sugar and mix. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix. In a shallow bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork. Add to the batter and mix.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, and mix. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Fold in the remaining 1 ¾ cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed. In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons Dhampure Sugar’s Sugar with the cinnamon. Use an ice-cream scoop or large spoon to fill the muffin cups ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-Dhampure Sugar’s Sugar over the muffins and bake until golden brown and risen, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan at least 30 minutes before turning out.